8.26.2011

Q&A: trouser trove


Dear Fashionista,

I get that you’re into bright colored pants this season (you’ve got us all admiring red pants), but what are some other options for us color-phobes out there? I still want fun, trendy pants, but I’m not feeling this color blocking business. 

yours,
Fashionably Muted

PS. I don’t do wide legs, so some tapered options would be great.


*****
Dear Fashionably Muted,

Hey, I get it. Crayola pants are not for everyone, and I like that you’re looking for an alternative. Ever think about printed pants? They’re a fun way to spruce up the lower half of your wardrobe, and lucky, for you they look best in muted shades.

Everything from graphic print to animal, tribal, floral, and abstract is an option. Skinny pants are of course the classic bet, but try out a more relaxed harem silhouette as well. And remember, keep the top half of your outfit simple and streamlined to complement the busy bottoms.

xoxo,
(Sometime) Fashionista

PS. I have a pair of H&;M printed pants that I can’t leave the house in without getting a half dozen compliments from strangers. Sixteen dollars, comfortable, and on trend. Check ‘em out:


Have any fashion or beauty questions of your own I might be able to answer? Send them in to streetnumbereight@gmail.com or my Facebook page or tweet at me @streetno8

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

love this post. what do you think about maxi skirts or these style pants on gals who have hips, real hips? yay or nay?

street number eight said...

great question! i am getting to this comment and will feature it on my Q&A this week. Thanks for asking!

ana caroLina said...

I m so in love with this pant!
really love it!
I found this blog with a RT de polyvore!now I will follow you!

xx

Carolina

http://anacaro-lina.blogspot.com/

ana caroLina said...

I m so in love with this pant!
really love it!
I found this blog with a RT de polyvore!now I will follow you!

xx

Carolina

http://anacaro-lina.blogspot.com/