7.27.2011

WWII chic


Last weekend I had the dubious fortune of sitting through Captain America: The First Avenger on opening night with ten of my dear friends. It was the longest 2 hours and 2 minutes of my life. I had no car and no juice in my cell phone or I would have walked out. What did get me through the lackluster fight scenes and inane dialogue were the comic chops of Tommy Lee Jones and the charming Hayley Atwell, who played Captain America's love interest, and her outstanding wardrobe




She wears structured suits in army green, bomber jackets, pencil skirts, and fitted white shirts-- all paired with deep red lips and heels. That's my kind of woman. So while various German accents flitted in and out of my consciousness and Chris Evans gained about 196 lbs of muscle, I naturally wondered what a modern day WWII-inspired wardrobe would look like. See below!




Where in the world? WWII 1940s America, superheros not needed


WWII chic


Matthew Williamson short sleeve dress
£795 - flannelsfashion.com

Old Navy rainbow shirt
$3.97 - oldnavy.gap.com

Balmain double breasted blazer
$3,415 - net-a-porter.com

Oasis leather jacket
£140 - oasis-stores.com

Uniqlo short trench coat
£60 - uniqlo.com

Jitrois khaki skirt
$1,740 - stylebop.com

ChloƩ khaki shorts
£93 - matchesfashion.com

All Saints wedge sandals
$113 - allsaints.com

Stella McCartney metal high heels
$785 - bergdorfgoodman.com

Valentino zippered tote bag
£1,335 - net-a-porter.com

Alexander Wang studded handbag
$825 - barneys.com

ASOS vintage style jewelry
$34 - asos.com

Sprout Watches army watch
$75 - nordstrom.com

Low Luv x Erin Wasson antique jewelry
$63 - shopthetrendboutique.com

Giuseppe Zanotti long ring
$167 - couture.zappos.com

Dorothy Perkins belt
£5 - dorothyperkins.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I actually enjoyed the film....what made you regret watching it?