6.10.2011

royal combo








I finally got a tripod for my camera and decided to test it out last weekend. With some trepidation, I offer you the results below…

I have to say, though I felt beyond ridiculous posing by my lonesome, it’s actually less embarrassing than hamming it up for a live photographer. Getting the right angle, zoom, and focus is a royal pain (har-har, not to mention you feel like a poseeeeeuuuuurrrr)—but it’s a work in progress! Hopefully once I figure out the nuances, I’ll be able to post more outfits.


And I took it outside, but my little Canon was more interested in the green leaves behind me than me. I can’t fault its taste; mother nature is hard to compete with. 





None too fashion-y or unexpected, I wore this basic outfit for a small birthday dinner of 15 that my friends threw me. I’ve been feeling the color blocking lately, and purple and red is one of my favorite combos. Traditionally the colors of royalty, these shades are strong without being brash, and are appropriate year-round. I mixed in some cobalt accents with a pair of patent Louboutins I snagged at the sample sale in NYC a few years ago and my new Ray-Ban sunnies.

You probably know I like to be covered up and have absolutely no problem layering pants underneath a dress, and a cardi on top. Hey the more layers, the more… fun? So I threw on a mix of silver cuffs, bracelets, an oversized watch, and various rings. I did retro hair and makeup, which I’ll blog about tomorrow in a “how to get the look” feature. Stay tuned!

Outfit details-- dress: Bar III, pants: Gap, cardi: J Crew; shoes: Christian Louboutin; sunglasses; Ray Ban; bag: Dolce & Gabbana


4 comments:

Nida said...

Hot! Love the purple and red!

shabnem said...

love it! and you look amazing! mA

Fizzy said...

Wow! Love the colour combos! :) u look fab as usual!

Anonymous said...

YAY for being covered up. Love the CL's =)