4.20.2011

where in the world wednesday

I'm really excited to introduce you all to my new weekly feature "where in the world wednesday," especially since I'll need your help doing it! If you've been following my blog for a while now, you'll know I'm constantly inspired by my travels around the world-- by panoramic vistas, by street corners, by slices of life and location captured on film. Different cities I visit suggest not only a new way of  looking at life, but also a unique style of dressing. Laid-back and casual in Cali isn't always appropriate in the see-and-be-seen vibe of metropolitan NYC, for example. 


So...what this means is that I want you to tell me the city, country, or area that inspires you (in any capacity, not just style-wise). Been on a recent trip to Africa? Does your family hail from Kiev? Have a random fascination with Genghis Khan's Mongolia? I want to hear it!


But wait, there's more... I'm a massive history buff and categorize most clothing by era (as in the 1950s meets Edwardian at Marc Jacobs), so I also want that time period that captures your fancy. And yes, it can be modern or future or ancient--no restrictions. I've been obsessed with 1917 Russia during the Bolshevik Revolution, with post-war Paris in the 20s, and turn-of-the-century Gilded Age New York, to name just a few. Maybe post-apocalyptic Idaho floats your boat, I don't judge! :)



Just tell me the when and the where, I'll give you the who and create a contemporary outfit from your global inspiration. It doesn't require anything fancy on your part: a comment left on a blog post, a tweet, an email to streetnumbereight@gmail.com, or a message on my Facebook page. I'll post an example inspiration set later today to give you an idea of what I'm thinking. Looking forward to hearing from you! x0





5 comments:

Daniel said...

My inspiration comes from European countries like France and Itay. Having been to them both, I can say that they are beautiful places to enjoy.
I'm a new reader of your blog and really like it!

the nyanzi report said...

good to have found your blog. very interesting.

street number eight said...

Thanks guys! glad to have you on board.

Gina Biber said...

Oh geeze, that's a difficult question. Most inspiring? Probably international hubs like New York or Paris... but most enjoyable and inspiring in the opposite sense? Anywhere in deep forests or on the beach of the Pacific Ocean.

Thank YOU for some inspiration!

Cheers,
Gina
http://ginambiber.blogspot.com/

Becca said...

I get a lot of my inspiration from art. I love the southern Renaissance, and the pre-Raphaelite maidens. They are the epitome of easy, natural, confident, graceful beauty, imho.