4.14.2011

the pixie

Time and again I'm fascinated by platinum blondes of all types, but I'm especially drawn to that  mischievous, tantalizing little pixie cut. Wispy blonde locks, side-swept bangs, an exposed nape. Maybe it's the devil-may-care attitude it implies, that irreverence towards traditional notions of flowing-tressed female beauty, or maybe it's just because I don't have the gumption to cut my own hair that short! But regardless, if I see a cropped platinum do, you better believe I'm going to stop and stare. Or in the following cases, click away like a besotted photog.




And here are some pics of famous ladies who've recently made the switch from long and lovely to cropped and edgy. What do you think? hot or not? 

Kate Winslet - Vogue UK

Michelle Williams - celebtv.com

Carey Mulligan - haironthebrain.com

Do you know who the original blonde pixie was?.......




.....






           ......






                           .......




That's right! It was Mia Farrow in the 1960s. She still looks so timely, doesn't she?

Mia Farrow - suicideblonde.tumblr


I'd love to hear what's preventing you from cropping your hair! Me? I have masses of thick hair that would require a trim every 2 weeks to stay put. Too high-maintenance. And yes, I'm just a scaredy-cat too.

2 comments:

Julie Khuu said...

Totally hot! But you've definitely gotta rock the look with total confidence or it just won't work...I've always wanted to go pixie short but definitely working my way up there...thanks for the inspirational shots!

Btw- Haute Khuuture just turned 1 so I'm hosting my very first HUGE giveaway...I'd love to see you stop by if you have a moment :D

Happy Weekend!

xo-Julie

Haute Khuuture Blog

Kate said...

Love this look, so want to do it but not sure I have the guts!
www.styleisalwaysfashionable.blogspot.com