3.22.2011

h to the k

We arrived in Hong Kong Sunday night after a 15 hour flight-- the longest direct I've ever taken! But Cathay Pacific took good care of us, offering about 50 movie selections ranging from Avatar to Raging Bull. I watched The Importance of Being Earnest (with Colin Firth and Reese Witherspoon: decent but you must, must, must rent the old version!) Like the proper English major nerd that I am, I read my Time Out Hong Kong book from cover to cover, with highlighter and post-its in hand. I had a whole itinerary mapped out but then we got to our hotel, and it all went downhill from there. In a good way. I got too distracted by the views, the amenities, and the pampering. Sigh.


The view from our 37th floor room looks out to Hong Kong island. A gorgeous concrete jungle cityscape, isn't it? Can't wait to take nighttime pics.


And then there's the whole spa-like zen ambiance of our room. That's another few hours whiled away at the hotel...





And then it was time for our complimentary afternoon tea-- with scones and biscuits and pastries and pasties. Hong Kong was a British colony for hundreds of years and it's retained this quaint English tea-time tradition, which is a very good thing because really, is there anything better than clotted cream?





So...as you can see my whole first day was spent at the hotel! And to make matters worse, there's a 15 story mall attached. Don't worry though, I'm here for a whole week and I will most certainly get some street style pics.

2 comments:

Hameed said...

well done miss. well done indeed.

street number eight said...

why thank you! :)